Can you move in with your boyfriend at 17?

Can you move in with your boyfriend at 17?

In general, asking for emancipation just to move in with a boyfriend or girlfriend won’t fly in court. Minors must prove they are financially independent as part of the process. But while legally you have a right to make your children live at home until age 18, it may be hard to enforce that under the law.

At what age can a child legally decide who to live with?

16 years old
In law, there is no fixed age that determines when a child can express a preference as to where they want to live. However, legally, a child cannot decide who they want to live with until they are 16 years old. Once a child reaches the age of 16, they are legally allowed to choose which parent to live with.

How can I live with someone else under 18?

You can legally live with someone else if your parents agree to it or a court orders it. Doing it any other way is called “running away”. Your pasrents are responsible and have authority unless a court removes that.

Should I let my 16 year old daughters boyfriend move?

So no, you probably, nay absolutely should not let your 16 year old daughter move in with her boyfriend. If they are still together when she goes off to college, sure let them live together then, but not now. That is an adult decision and she’s not an adult.

See also  What is hoarding a symptom of?

Can I move in with my boyfriend at 18?

No, you may not. Moving in together sounds so easy to do but is actually a lot different than just having Barbie slide over on her big Barbie bed so Ken will have a place to sleep. First, you’ll need a place to stay.

Can I live with someone else at 14?

3 attorney answers A 14-year-old can live in any legal place she chooses so long as both parents agree. If the parents do not agree, the 14-year-old must live where she is told to live by her parents…

Who can become the guardian of a minor?

(3) A Hindu widow entitled to act as the natural guardian of her minor legitimate children, and a Hindu mother entitled to act as the natural guardian of her minor legitimate children by reason of the fact that the father has become disentitled to act as such, may, by will, appoint a guardian for any of them in respect …

Share via: