Table of Contents
- 1 Does God say love is a choice?
- 2 Is love a feeling in the Bible?
- 3 How do you discern God’s will?
- 4 What does God say about choices?
- 5 Is love a choice or a feeling?
- 6 Is love a choice or an emotion?
- 7 What is the power of choice?
- 8 Are your feelings a choice?
- 9 How does God reveal His will?
- 10 How do I follow God’s will?
Does God say love is a choice?
But I also know that the Bible strongly teaches Love Is More Than A Feeling, It’s Also A Choice. Jesus gave us a command to love. John 13:34-35 “I give you a new commandment—to love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.
Is love a feeling in the Bible?
It’s important to remember that love is primarily an action word in the Bible, not an emotion. Paul tells us in 1 Corinthians, “Love is patient, love is kind. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
How do you discern God’s will?
How to Discern God’s Will for YOU
- Listen to God’s voice when trying to discern His will.
- God’s peace is present in His will.
- Discernment includes being able to examine your motives closely.
- Honestly ask for His guidance and discernment.
- Send out a test to discern God’s will.
- Look for the distractor in God’s will.
What does God say about choices?
God allows us to make choices! He tells us to choose to love Him and others, but He gives us the freedom to choose to: Obey Him or not. Choose Him or reject Him.
Is love a choice or a feeling?
This doesn’t mean we don’t love the person; it means we are left with a choice. There is a difference between feeling love for someone (caring about a person) and loving someone (choosing to love that person). You may have love for someone forever. The choice to love is not a feeling; it is an action.
Is love a choice or an emotion?
Feelings, however, can be fleeting. No one seems to want to talk about how those loving feelings can fade, that it takes work to keep the love alive, and that choosing to stay in love is a choice we all must make. Who we love is as much of a choice as it is a feeling. Staying in love takes a commitment.
What is the power of choice?
It means that you can decide where you want to go in life. It means that you can choose to do work that matters. It means that you can, through the choices you make, bring forth your incredible human potential.
Are your feelings a choice?
When it comes to emotions, we often we tell ourselves stories, half-truths or fiction about our emotional experience. One of the most common fictions is that we have little or no choice in how we feel. That doesn’t mean that we can choose to never feel painful emotions.
How does God reveal His will?
Romans 12: 1-2. God reveals His will to us by His word. The will of God is revealed in the word of God. Over and over again we find specific statements which tell us what God’s gracious will is.
How do I follow God’s will?
Following God’s Plan for Your Life:
- Be in prayer. A way to know that you are following God’s plan for your life is by being in prayer.
- Be actively reading in the Word.
- Follow the commands He puts on your heart.
- Seek a godly community.
- Obey the Truth.