Table of Contents
- 1 How many tourists visit Christ the Redeemer each year?
- 2 How many visitors does Christ the Redeemer have?
- 3 How much does it cost to visit Christ the Redeemer?
- 4 Can you go to the top of Christ the Redeemer?
- 5 Where is the largest statue of Jesus?
- 6 What is the biggest Jesus in the world?
- 7 Are there any statues of Jesus?
- 8 Is Statue of Unity waste of money?
How many tourists visit Christ the Redeemer each year?
2 million people
Each year, Christ the Redeemer is visited by nearly 2 million people. The record number of visitors to the statue in a single day was a huge 14,000 during Easter of 2011.
How many visitors does Christ the Redeemer have?
Over 1,800,000 people visit the Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio de Janeiro each year – and the number of visitors is growing year after year.
How much does it cost to visit Christ the Redeemer?
Prices are: Adults – R$24 in the high season and R$12 in the low season. Seniors over 60 and children under 11 are free. As this place is all about the views, visibility is key so try going either before 8:30 am or after 3:30 pm when there is fewer crowds, less heat, and better visibility and less haze.
Can you go to the top of Christ the Redeemer?
9) It is possible to go inside the Christ the Redeemer and climb up to its head and arms, but this part of the monument is only used for maintenance and is closed to the public.
Where is the largest statue of Jesus?
Christ the Redeemer, Portuguese Cristo Redentor, colossal statue of Jesus Christ at the summit of Mount Corcovado, Rio de Janeiro, southeastern Brazil.
What is the biggest Jesus in the world?
The figure is 33 metres (108 ft) tall, the crown is 3 metres (9.8 ft) tall, and along with its mound, it reaches 52.5 metres (172 ft) overall….Christ the King Statue, Świebodzin.
|Christ the King|
|Height (max)||36 metres (118 ft) (statue) 52.5 metres (172 ft) (with pedestal)|
Are there any statues of Jesus?
Monumental statues. Christ the Redeemer is perhaps the most famous statue of Jesus Christ, located in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Is Statue of Unity waste of money?
The statue stands as the Pride of Nation but there are many who think that incurring Rs. 2900 crores on it, has been a wastage of public money. The Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Rashtriya Ekta Trust (SVPRET) was established by the Gujarat government for construction of the statue.