Table of Contents
- 1 Is it take me serious or seriously?
- 2 What does take things seriously mean?
- 3 Why you shouldn’t take anything seriously?
- 4 What do you call a person who is not taken seriously?
- 5 Can you say very seriously?
- 6 Is it bad to take things seriously?
- 7 What does don’t take life too seriously mean?
- 8 What is another word for not so serious?
- 9 How do I take work seriously?
- 10 What do you call a person who is not serious?
Is it take me serious or seriously?
‘take it seriously’ is the correct phrase in BE because seriously is an adverb, while serious is an adjective (and in this case the word describes the actions of the verb take, so we need an adverb).
What does take things seriously mean?
Definition of take (someone or something) seriously : to treat (someone or something) as being very important and deserving attention or respect He takes his religious faith seriously. She’s well qualified for the job, so she hopes the company will take her seriously.
Why you shouldn’t take anything seriously?
Taking life too seriously leads to being a stressed out, scared, angry, boring human being in bad health. Being able to laugh at life, relax into the moment, and accept things as they are is a much better gig.
What do you call a person who is not taken seriously?
If a person is being facetious, they’re intentionally being unserious, typically for a humorous effect, or perhaps to tease someone. Facetious is often used as a near-synonym of sarcastic, in the sense that someone who’s being facetious should not be taken literally or seriously.
Can you say very seriously?
Yes. It should be: “I’m thinking very seriously.” The word serious is an adjective — a word that modifies a noun.
Is it bad to take things seriously?
Taking things very seriously can be a great quality, showing that you are earnest, caring, and hardworking. But, taking things too seriously can cause unnecessary stress and worry over things that aren’t worth the effort.
What does don’t take life too seriously mean?
When used as a saying like “you shouldn’t take life so seriously”, it instead usually means that they wish for you to lighten up, have fun, laugh a little, join in their fun, in other words they want you to have fun with them or not make them feel bad for them trying to have fun.
What is another word for not so serious?
What is another word for not serious?
How do I take work seriously?
6 Ways To Get Taken Seriously at Work
- Look out for inappropriate behavior.
- Always act appropriately.
- Look the part.
- Watch what you say… and how you say it.
- Stop worrying about what others think.
- Network – in a work-related way.
What do you call a person who is not serious?
amusing; humorous. lacking serious intent; concerned with something nonessential, amusing, or frivolous: a facetious person.