Table of Contents
- 1 What are 3 contributions of the Muslims?
- 2 What was the impact of Muslim rule on Europe?
- 3 What are the 2 groups that Islam split into?
- 4 What are the rights of an Arab American?
- 5 What are the challenges facing the Arab American community?
- 6 How did the immigration policy change after 9 / 11?
- 7 Why did so many Muslims leave India after partition?
What are 3 contributions of the Muslims?
Here Hassani shares his top 10 outstanding Muslim inventions:
- Surgery. Around the year 1,000, the celebrated doctor Al Zahrawi published a 1,500 page illustrated encyclopedia of surgery that was used in Europe as a medical reference for the next 500 years.
- Flying machine.
What was the impact of Muslim rule on Europe?
War and conquest Large areas of Europe were conquered by Muslims. When these areas such as southern Spain were recaptured and placed under Christian rule Muslim customs and architecture remained. Christians were encouraged to go on Crusade to recapture Jerusalem from the Muslims.
What are the 2 groups that Islam split into?
A disagreement over succession after Mohammed’s death in 632 split Muslims into Islam’s two main sects, Sunni and Shia.
What are the rights of an Arab American?
While Arab Americans enjoy the same basic rights enshrined in the federal and various state Constitutions, some of them have been subjected to various forms of discrimination that have infringed upon these basic rights.
What are the challenges facing the Arab American community?
The Arab American community has been increasingly stigmatized and demonized as a so-called “terrorist” threat. For example, President Bush issued an executive order authorizing the creation of military tribunals to try non-citizens alleged to be involved in international terrorism.
How did the immigration policy change after 9 / 11?
Post-9/11 Policies Dramatically Alter the U.S. Immigration Landscape. In the wake of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, the U.S. government implemented a series of critical — and sometimes controversial — immigration policy measures to respond to future threats of terrorism.
Why did so many Muslims leave India after partition?
Around thirty-five million Muslims stayed in India after partition, choosing to remain with relatives and preserve their property and wealth, among other reasons. Many opposed the creation of a separate state for Muslims in the first place.