Table of Contents
- 1 What did Jesus preach in the synagogue?
- 2 Where is synagogue mentioned in the Bible?
- 3 What was a synagogue in Jesus day?
- 4 What were the three main purposes of a synagogue at the time of Jesus?
- 5 Who is the leader of prayer in the synagogue?
- 6 What can we learn from Jairus?
- 7 How did Jesus heal Jairus daughter?
- 8 What is another name for a synagogue?
- 9 What does the 6 Star mean?
What did Jesus preach in the synagogue?
Luke 4:23, where Jesus, speaking in the Nazareth synagogue, refers to “what has been heard done” in Capernaum. John 6:22-59: contains Jesus’ Bread of Life Discourse; verse 59 confirms that Jesus taught this doctrine in the Capernaum synagogue.
Where is synagogue mentioned in the Bible?
In the New Testament, the word appears 56 times, mostly in the Synoptic Gospels, but also in the Gospel of John (John 9:22; 18:20) and the Book of Revelation (Rev. 2:9; 3:9). It is used in the sense of ‘assembly’ in the Epistle of James (James 2:2).
What was a synagogue in Jesus day?
Who supervised these synagogues and what were their services like during that time? Victor L. Ludlow, assistant professor of ancient scripture, Brigham Young University: The synagogue was a Jewish religious institution long before Jesus preached in the synagogues of Capernaum and Nazareth.
What were the three main purposes of a synagogue at the time of Jesus?
Throughout the Gospels we hear stories of Jesus entering into synagogues to read scriptures, to teach, and to heal.
Who is the leader of prayer in the synagogue?
Leader of the prayer service, the hazzan Table or lectern. In Ashkenazi synagogues, the Torah was read on a reader’s table located in the center of the room, while the leader of the prayer service, the hazzan, stood at his own lectern or table, facing the Ark.
What can we learn from Jairus?
What We Can Learn From Jairus’s Daughter Encounter With Jesus
- It’s never too late for God to step in.
- God has power over life and death.
- God cares for us and the things that weigh on her heart.
- God can restore what has been lost, what has been broken, what has died in us.
- God is never too busy to care about us.
How did Jesus heal Jairus daughter?
Jesus was on his way to Jairus’ house when he was interrupted by a woman who touched his cloak to cure her bleeding. Jesus heals by touch when he takes the little girl by the hand. He says “Talitha cumi”, which means “Little girl, get up.”
What is another name for a synagogue?
A synagogue, sometimes called a temple or a shul, is for Jews what a church is for Christians, or a mosque for Muslims, or a temple for Hindus. The word comes from the Greek roots sun “together” and agein “bring” — it’s a building where worshipers are brought together.
What does the 6 Star mean?
The six-pointed star is commonly used both as a talisman and for conjuring spirits and spiritual forces in diverse forms of occult magic. 2, the six-pointed star is called the talisman of Saturn and it is also referred to as the Seal of Solomon.