Table of Contents
- 1 What does it mean the word was God?
- 2 What does Jesus is the Son of God mean?
- 3 What is the word for Jesus?
- 4 Is God Jesus’s?
- 5 Where does it say Jesus is God in the Bible?
- 6 What does the Bible say about Jesus Christ being the word of God?
- 7 How many times is Jesus Christ called the word of God?
- 8 Who is the Living Word of God in the Bible?
- 9 What does the word word mean in the Bible?
What does it mean the word was God?
[It] is clear that in the translation “the Word was God”, the term God is being used to denote his nature or essence, and not his person. But in normal English usage “God” is a proper noun, referring to the person of the Father or corporately to the three persons of the Godhead.
What does Jesus is the Son of God mean?
The Title Son of God Affirms Jesus Christ’s Divine Nature Jesus Christ is called the Son of God more than 40 times in the Bible. It does not mean he was a child of God, as Christians are when they’re adopted into God’s family. Rather, it points out his divinity, meaning he is God.
What is the word for Jesus?
What is another word for jesus?
|Son of God||Messiah|
|Jesus Christ||Lamb of God|
Is God Jesus’s?
As the Word, Jesus was eternally present with God, active in all creation, and the source of humanity’s moral and spiritual nature. Jesus is not only greater than any past human prophet but greater than any prophet could be. He not only speaks God’s Word; he is God’s Word.
Where does it say Jesus is God in the Bible?
John 1:1, 3, 14, 17, 18 “In the beginning was the Word; the Word was in God’s presence and the Word was God…. Through him all things came into being, and apart from him nothing came to be….
What does the Bible say about Jesus Christ being the word of God?
A. The Central Passage on Jesus Christ as the Word of God is to be found in the first chapter of John’s Gospel. 1. Jesus Christ was existing in the beginning as the Word of God. He was being with God and He was being God (John 1:1-2).
How many times is Jesus Christ called the word of God?
This epithet is exclusive to the Apostle John’s writings—the Book of John, the Book of 1 John, and the Book of the Revelation. It, or its abbreviated variant “The Word,” appears seven times in the whole Bible canon. John’s Gospel Record is designed to underscore Jesus Christ’s Deity.
Who is the Living Word of God in the Bible?
2. The Word, who is the precise expression of God, became flesh, i.e. human, and He dwelt among us (John 1:14). God the Word became also Jesus the Son of man, and tabernacled or tented among us humans. The word does not describe the temporary nature of His association with man.
What does the word word mean in the Bible?
Here, Word is a title of the Lord Jesus. The term translated “Word” is logos, which basically means “the expression of a thought.” Logos can be thought of as the total message of God to man ( Acts 11:1; 1 Thessalonians 2:13 ).