Table of Contents
- 1 What does it mean to be a follower of Jesus Christ?
- 2 How can I be a good follower of Jesus?
- 3 What is required of a faithful follower of Christianity?
- 4 What are the issues and challenges confronting the priest nowadays?
- 5 What are the qualities of a faithful person?
- 6 What is God’s expectation?
- 7 What does it mean to deny the faith?
- 8 How does religion affect behavior?
- 9 What are the challenges of the life of a priest?
What does it mean to be a follower of Jesus Christ?
A Christian disciple is a believer who follows Christ and then offers his own imitation of Christ as model for others to follow (1 Corinthians 11:1). This means they have experienced conversion and put Jesus at the center of their life and participated in rites of Christian imitation.
How can I be a good follower of Jesus?
In Mark 8, Jesus gives a simple three-step plan to become a true follower….
- Deny self. This is the first and most challenging step of all.
- Take up your cross. In life, challenges arise and God may allow those challenges to continue so that I can learn to take them up and come to him with them.
- Follow me.
What is required of a faithful follower of Christianity?
A faithful follower of Christianity is required to acknowledge Jesus Christ as a personal savior. The Christian teachings include love, mercy, charity, forgiveness, righteousness, faithfulness, prayer, honesty, and the purity of the heart. Different Christian denominations exist.
What are the issues and challenges confronting the priest nowadays?
The priest is to serve the cause of full human development. He has to face all present challenges and problems with the people-the financial crisis, economic inequality, poverty, corruption, worker’s rights, unbalanced development, war , violence-all of which affects humanity.
What are the qualities of a faithful person?
Six Character Traits Of Faithfulness
- One, Commitment. Commitment is an internal act, an act of heart and mind, of dedicating one’s self to something.
- Two, Love. 2 Corinthians 5:14 states, “The love of Christ constraineth me…” This is the right motive for faithfulness.
- Three, Longsuffering.
- Four, Patience.
- Five, Endurance.
- Six, Steadfastness.
What is God’s expectation?
God expects us to accept His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, as our Savior. He expects us to give our lives to Him, and in so doing, develop the character of Christ. God wants us to become more like Christ.
What does it mean to deny the faith?
Apostasy is the rejection of Christ by one who has been a Christian….” “Apostasy is a theological category describing those who have voluntarily and consciously abandoned their faith in the God of the covenant, who manifests himself most completely in Jesus Christ.” “Apostasy is the antonym of conversion; it is …
How does religion affect behavior?
Our experiences, environment and even genetics form our beliefs and attitudes. In turn, these beliefs influence our behaviour, and determine our actions. Beliefs that are widely accepted become part of our culture and, in many ways, shape the society we live in.