Table of Contents
- 1 What does the Bible have to say about work?
- 2 What the Bible says about not having a job?
- 3 What does the Bible say about work stress?
- 4 Is it a sin to be unemployed?
- 5 How can I be patient when God makes you wait?
- 6 Can a job sue you for quitting?
- 7 How do you know God is moving you?
- 8 What does the Bible says about service?
- 9 What are 5 emotional signs of stress?
- 10 What the Bible says about worry and stress?
- 11 Where in the Bible does it say tattoos are a sin?
- 12 What is poverty in Christianity?
- 13 How do you know if God wants me to wait?
- 14 When God make me wait?
What does the Bible have to say about work?
Colossians 3:22 says, “You who are servants who are owned by someone, obey your owners. Work hard for them all the time, not just when they are watching you. Work for them as you would for the Lord because you honor God.” When we obey the authority figures in our life, we are ultimately serving Christ.
What the Bible says about not having a job?
“But there’s also, you know, in the Scripture, tells us in 2 Thessalonians chapter 3:10 he says, uh, ‘for even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: if a man will not work, he shall not eat.
What does the Bible say about work stress?
“Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” “The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.”
Is it a sin to be unemployed?
The sin is not in being unsuccessful and unemployed; it is in being lazy and complaining and demanding to share what others have worked to achieve. In short, it’s not in being an unsuccessful capitalist; it is being a successful socialist.
How can I be patient when God makes you wait?
Waiting gives you something to hope for, pray for, and look to God alone for. So if you’re in a season of waiting—don’t lose heart. And don’t give up on God. Continue pouring out your hearts desires to Him and trusting that if it’s in His perfect will, then He will bring it to pass.
Can a job sue you for quitting?
The company cannot sue you for simply quitting. They will still owe you your last paycheck and any unused vacation. Unless you have a contract specifying that you must give so much notice, if you are an at-will employee (which the vast majority of workers are), you can leave at any time.
How do you know God is moving you?
3 Signs God Is Transitioning You
- You’re Restless And Questioning Everything. You can be restless because you’re bored and need to shake things up.
- Uncomfortable Truths From Your Wise Friends. Most people in your circle are probably focused on everything you have that should make you happy.
- Your Wise Friend’s Wise Question.
What does the Bible says about service?
The purpose of service is so God can reach others through our hands. In II Cor. 9:12-13, the Bible says that the service we provide not only meets needs but expresses thanks to God and leads others to praise God. The Bible also says that service builds up the “body of Christ.” (See Eph.
What are 5 emotional signs of stress?
Some of the psychological and emotional signs that you’re stressed out include:
- Depression or anxiety.
- Anger, irritability, or restlessness.
- Feeling overwhelmed, unmotivated, or unfocused.
- Trouble sleeping or sleeping too much.
- Racing thoughts or constant worry.
- Problems with your memory or concentration.
- Making bad decisions.
What the Bible says about worry and stress?
Philippians 4:6-7 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
Where in the Bible does it say tattoos are a sin?
The verse in the Bible that most Christians make reference to is Leviticus 19:28, which says,”You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the Lord.” So, why is this verse in the Bible?
What is poverty in Christianity?
In order to remove the desire for wealth and material possessions as an obstacle to faith, some Christians have taken vows of poverty. Christianity has a long tradition of voluntary poverty which is manifested in the form of asceticism, charity and almsgiving.
How do you know if God wants me to wait?
On of the ways to tell if God wants you to wait on Him is His communication with you. When God wants something from you, He will speak to you about it. And, He will tell other people who are close to both you and God. These people will confirm the sense and direction of God.
When God make me wait?
God Made Me Wait by Sherrell Duncan with Natasha T. Brown identifies and confronts the toxic realities that hold women back. Through intimate prayers and moments with God, the authors demonstrate how women can strengthen their faith, solidify their future and break free from the strongholds of tragedy and sin.