Table of Contents
- 1 What it means to live as a disciple?
- 2 How do I live as an apostle of Jesus?
- 3 Why must I be a disciple?
- 4 How do you live your life being a true disciple of Jesus?
- 5 What does it mean to be a modern disciple of Jesus?
- 6 What is a true disciple of God?
- 7 How can I be a disciple of Jesus?
- 8 What makes you a disciple of Jesus Christ?
- 9 How to stay close to Jesus as a disciple?
- 10 Can a disciple love anything more than God?
- 11 What does the New Testament say about discipleship?
What it means to live as a disciple?
A disciple is a life-long follower and student of someone. Thus, a disciple of Jesus is one who loves and follows Jesus, not only as their Savior but also as their teacher and Lord (i.e. master). Discipleship, then, is living as a disciple.
How do I live as an apostle of Jesus?
How to Live for Jesus
- Spend time praying each day.
- Serve others.
- Study the Bible.
- Share God’s word with other people.
- Resist temptation.
- Put God first.
- Don’t put too much value in material things.
- Trust God’s plan.
Why must I be a disciple?
Why is discipleship important? Discipleship is important because we want people to become fully committed followers of Christ. Discipleship helps believers to grow in their faith, to grow in maturity and wisdom, and build their faith on a strong foundation so that they can then disciple and lead others towards Christ.
How do you live your life being a true disciple of Jesus?
How to Become a ‘True Disciple’ of Jesus?
- Lord Jesus Should Be the Sole Most Important Person in Your Life.
- Become the ‘Living Sacrifice’
- Follow the Word.
- Pray and Watch.
- Fellowship with the Different Believers.
- Witness for Lord Jesus.
What does it mean to be a modern disciple of Jesus?
disciple of Jesus in the modern world” Discipleship means denying yourself, carrying your cross and following. in the footsteps of Jesus Christ. A disciple is a person who devotes. their life and follows the ways and teachings of Jesus Christ.
What is a true disciple of God?
A true disciple is not just involved but is committed to take up his own cross and follow Jesus to the very end. That is a complete and lasting commitment as described by Dr. Lee, “Live as if Christ died yesterday, rose this morning, and is coming back again tomorrow.”
How can I be a disciple of Jesus?
How to Be a Disciple of Christ
- Let us be humble; let us pray to our Father in Heaven with all our heart and express our desire to draw close to Him and learn of Him.
- Have faith.
- Seek and you will find.
- Serve the Lord by serving others.
- Become an active participant in your ward or branch.
What makes you a disciple of Jesus Christ?
A disciple of Jesus Christ is a person who desires to Love God with all your heart, mind, and strength… And to love one another as Jesus Christ loved us… Matthew 22:37-40 John 15:9-12. A disciple of Jesus Christ is a person who chooses to follow Jesus Christ and be an imitator of His way in their daily life.
How to stay close to Jesus as a disciple?
How to Stay Close to Christ? 1 Christ’s disciples stay close to Him by personally spending time in His Word. It’s obvious from any study of Christ’s… 2 Christ’s disciples stay close to Him by making prayer a top priority. There was one other essential ingredient in… More …
Can a disciple love anything more than God?
This means if you love any person or anything more than God you have placed that person or thing before him. This is idolatry. If you are going to be a disciple, then you cannot love anything more than God. 2. Are You Willing to Pick Up the Cross?
What does the New Testament say about discipleship?
The New Testament paints a strikingly simple portrait of disciple-making. Jesus called people to follow Him. After Jesus’ death, resurrection and ascension, these people devoted themselves, to fellowship, breaking bread, and prayer. They responded to Jesus’ call by calling others to follow Jesus and join their community.