Table of Contents
- 1 Who originally said the truth will set you free?
- 2 Where did the phrase the truth will set you free come from?
- 3 What does the Bible say about setting you free?
- 4 Where in the Bible does it say God gave us free will?
- 5 What does God say about choices?
- 6 What is seen is not the truth what is Cannot be said?
- 7 Does the Bible say not to use freedom to sin?
- 8 How do I make godly choices?
- 9 Does the Bible say love is a choice?
Who originally said the truth will set you free?
The full quote as rendered in the King James Bible, “ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free,” is inscribed on the main building of the University of Texas. A famous variant is attributed to Gloria Steinem: “The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off.”
Where did the phrase the truth will set you free come from?
“The truth will set you free'” (Veritas liberabit vos; Greek: ἡ ἀλήθεια ἐλευθερώσει ὑμᾶς hē alētheia eleutherōsei hymas) is a statement which derives from verse 8:32 of the Gospel of John, a statement which Jesus addresses to a group of Jews who believed in him.
What does the Bible say about setting you free?
“You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.” “For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.” “That the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God.”
Where in the Bible does it say God gave us free will?
For examples, “free will” is taught in Matthew 23:37 and Revelation 22:17.
What does God say about choices?
God allows us to make choices! He tells us to choose to love Him and others, but He gives us the freedom to choose to: Obey Him or not. Choose Him or reject Him.
What is seen is not the truth what is Cannot be said?
What is cannot be said. Trust comes not without seeing. Nor understanding without words.
Does the Bible say not to use freedom to sin?
You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature ; rather, serve one another in love.
How do I make godly choices?
HOW TO MAKE GODLY DECISIONS
- PRAY. Have a conversation with God.
- GET YOUR HEART RIGHT.
- FEELING ARE DECEPTIVE.
- SEEK GOD’S COUNSEL THROUGH HIS WORD.
- SEEK GODLY COUNSEL AND PRAYER PARTNERS.
- LOOK FOR THE FINGERPRINTS OF GOD.
- PRAISE GOD IN ALL THINGS.
Does the Bible say love is a choice?
But I also know that the Bible strongly teaches Love Is More Than A Feeling, It’s Also A Choice. Jesus gave us a command to love. John 13:34-35 “I give you a new commandment—to love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.