6 Actionable Steps for Getting More Visitors to Your Website
Websites are not meant to be lonely. Without visitors, they are a store with a “Closed” sign on the door. Unless your website is doing something proactively, you won’t attract visitors. And, without visitors, you won’t have customers. You need to take actionable steps immediately if you want to bring more visitors to your site.
Writing for Entrepreneur Derek Gahl warns, “So you’re caught in a vicious cycle: Before ramping up a big traffic campaign, you need to test your sales process, but without any traffic, testing is difficult — if not impossible!” Here are some things you can do to bring customers your way.
6 actionable steps
The internet is flush with recommendations on how to bring the traffic your way, but here are six you can work on today:
- Benchmark optimization. You cannot measure the traffic increase if you don’t know two things. First, you must know what your current traffic is and how to measure it, and second, you must know how to track the increase in new traffic. Several available analytics tools will track visitor behaviors. Once you have such metrics under your built you can see what’s working and what’s not.
- Improve content: “Content” once referred to written copy. But it now includes audio and visual content. Successful sites attract people with several content elements: blogs, eBooks, videos, podcasts, infographics, slideshows, and more.
- Hookup internal links. Your site should link one page to another on the same website or link one blog or article to another earlier piece. The links encourage and help people to navigate the website with ease and curiosity.
- Lead with headlines. You must offer lists, ask questions, create urgency, or add value. The headlines and content must favor keywords or phrases your analytics indicate are right for your goods or services.
- Tell stories. Neurologists have shown narratives release oxytocin creating an emotional connection triggering response to your call to action. Starting content copy with a short personal narrative will do the trick. Best Digital Marketing Agencies Mumbai explains this and other persuasive modes.
- Use a picture. Relevant and engaging photographs help, too. They interest viewers and make sharing on social media more appealing. If you can connect your content copy title with a strong headline, captivating image, and clear correct writing, you will increase traffic.
Actionable steps can’t wait!
A Forbes Councils contributor, Brad Keys confirms, “Website traffic is the lifeblood of every online business. More visitors to your website means more potential customers seeing your products. The more people you get in front of, the more sales you can generate.”
This isn’t the whole story, of course. If you expect to succeed with an online business, there is much to learn, implement and mistakes to avoid. There is much more to increase your return on investment. But some tactics are easier to implement and manage before you move on to the next generation tools. So, you can work your way through all the advice on the web for actionable steps you can introduce now.