Table of Contents
- 1 Can I read the English version of the Holy Quran and get the same reward of reading the Arabic version?
- 2 Can I read the Quran in English without Wudu?
- 3 Can you pray in English in Islam?
- 4 Can I read the Quran in Arabic with English letters?
- 5 Is it mandatory to read the Quran?
- 6 Is it OK to say Dua in English?
- 7 How can I make dua for myself?
- 8 What do we say dua in English?
Can I read the English version of the Holy Quran and get the same reward of reading the Arabic version?
You will get more reward for understanding the Qur’an so you should read the qur’an with tafsir(available in english). I would recommend tafsir ibn kathir. You can read the text in arabic first and then read the tafsir of those verses to gain more reward.
Can I read the Quran in English without Wudu?
Holding both Arabic Quran and its translations without touching does not need to perform Wudu. There is a simple reason, the translated Qur’an is just an interpretation of the Qur’an and not the actual Qur’an. The actual Qur’an commonly called the Mushaf, are the spoken words of Allah.
Can you pray in English in Islam?
Yes. You can pray in English. Nothing in the Qur’an or Hadith says to pray in Arabic.
Can I read the Quran in Arabic with English letters?
NO! That is the biggest mistake that you can make! You will notice (or not) there are many words translated from the Quran originated from the Persian language instead of the Arabic.
Is it mandatory to read the Quran?
No, reciting the Holy Quran is not compulsion (Wajib) for Muslims; but it’s recommended (Mustahab). As you know, some precepts are compulsion for every obliged Muslim such as Prayer of the Signs (Salat al-Ayat). Some of them are forbidden (Haram) like eat the flesh of swine.
Is it OK to say Dua in English?
It is permissible to make du’aa’ in Arabic and in languages other than Arabic. Allaah knows the intention of the supplicant and what he wants, no matter what language he speaks, because He hears all the voices in all different languages, asking for all kinds of needs. Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 22/488-489.
How can I make dua for myself?
Etiquettes of your dua:
- Start off with salawat on the prophet saw (Allahummasalli…)
- Use Allah’s beautiful names to call Him.
- Praise Allah as He deserves.
- Face the qiblah.
- Raise your hands into the position of making dua.
- Have faith that your dua will be accepted and Allah will respond one way or another.
What do we say dua in English?
Freebase. Dua. In the terminology of Islam, duʿāʾ literally meaning invocation, is an act of supplication. The term is derived from an Arabic word meaning to ‘call out’ or to ‘summon’, and Muslims regard this as a profound act of worship.