Table of Contents
- 1 Do you have to go to a temple to be a Hindu?
- 2 Is it necessary to go to temple?
- 3 When one should not go to temple?
- 4 Why are temples important in Hinduism?
- 5 Why is the temple so weak?
- 6 How should you behave in the temple?
- 7 Can husband go to temple when wife is pregnant?
- 8 Are temples fragile?
- 9 Is it good to massage your temples?
- 10 Do and don’ts in Temple?
- 11 Why pregnant ladies should not break coconut?
- 12 Can husband go to temple when wife is in periods?
Do you have to go to a temple to be a Hindu?
Hindus tend to worship at home more often than they worship in a temple. They commonly use their home shrine to make offerings. The shrine is considered the most holy area of the home. Worship at holy places – In Hinduism, worship does not need to be undertaken in a temple or other building.
Is it necessary to go to temple?
You are absolutely right.It is not necessary to be visiting a temple or a gurudwara to pray to God. God is omnipotent , omniscient and omnipresent. But when it comes to visiting religious places, it basically is meant to be one with god as there is peace and you can easily communicate to god without any disturbance.
When one should not go to temple?
So if a person is in mourning, the visit to the temple will not be 100% as the person’s vision is clouded with emotions. So temple visits or other ceremonies are discouraged.
Why are temples important in Hinduism?
Temples can accommodate communities, but they are meant for the individual, providing a space for a person to take darshana or viewing of the deity in an intimate setting.
Why is the temple so weak?
While these skull bones are “relatively strong,” though thin, Anwar tells Mental Floss, the point at which they meet is the weakest point because there’s no solid bone beneath them. “As such, this area is at risk with direct horizontal blows.”
How should you behave in the temple?
How to behave when you visit a temple
- Take a bow before you pass through the gate. If you see two guardians at both sides of the gate, show your respect to them.
- Freshen up your hands and mouth.
- Soak in the smog from incense stick and cleanse your body from the head.
- Pray quietly.
Can husband go to temple when wife is pregnant?
If opens on Sunday, pregnant lady can visit to the temple and her husband can accompany her. But be very very careful as there is always a rush inside the temple and stairs to the main area are in very bad shape and slippery. Pregnant Women are allowed and also no issues in case of assisting Man/Husband.
Are temples fragile?
The “temple” is also known as the pterion, and what makes this area so vulnerable is it is where several skull bones interconnect: Parietal Bone. Temporal Bone. Sphenoid Bone.
Is it good to massage your temples?
Massage also can relieve muscle tension — and sometimes headache pain. Gently massage your temples, scalp, neck and shoulders with your fingertips, or gently stretch your neck.
Do and don’ts in Temple?
The do’s and don’ts of visiting a Buddhist temple
- Related: Check out these 10 totally amazing Australian natural wonders.
- DO take off your shoes.
- DON’T wear your beach clothes.
- DO enter along the right side.
- DON’T point.
- DO greet the Buddha.
- DON’T take photos until you know it’s okay.
- DO keep your head down.
Why pregnant ladies should not break coconut?
For this reason, pregnant ladies are not allowed to break open a coconut as it is equivalent to kill a life form and moreover the vibrations from breaking a coconut could harm the fetus in the womb.
Can husband go to temple when wife is in periods?
If mahayagna can be performed by menstruating women, there can be no ban on their temple entry during their monthly periods. Menstruation is a natural biological process that need not be considered as an impurity.