What does marcellous mean?
What does marcellous mean?
Marcellus means “dedicated to (the Roman God) Mars“.
How do you spell Marcellus?
Correct spelling for the English word “Marcellus” is [mˈɑːsɛləs], [mˈɑːsɛləs], [m_ˈɑː_s_ɛ_l_ə_s] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Does Marcellus meaning little warrior?
Marcellus Origin and Meaning The name Marcellus is a boy’s name of French origin meaning “young warrior”. This ancient Roman family name, first borne by the distinguished Marcus Claudius Marcellus and later by two popes, is a possibilty in the hot new category of names from antiquity.
Is Marcellus a black name?
The race and Hispanic origin distribution of the people with the name MARCELLUS is 71.2% White, 2.7% Hispanic origin, 22.5% Black, 1.1% Asian or Pacific Islander, 1.7% Two or More Races, and 0.8% American Indian or Alaskan Native.
Is Marcellus a male or female name?
Marcellus is a masculine given name and a surname, which comes from the Roman god of war Mars.
What does Marcellus mean in Greek?
MEANING: This name means “consecrated to the God Mars, God of war, dedicated to Mars”. The name ‘Mars’ can by extension be taken to refer to Ares in the Ancient Greek pantheon.
What is the name Marcellus?
In Latin Baby Names the meaning of the name Marcellus is: Hammer. Also a : Mars (Roman god of war). A family name in ancient Rome.
What names mean warrior?
Powerful Names That Mean Warrior, Protector, Or Survivor
- Alex/Alexander. Meaning: Greek for “protector of mankind”
- Alvaro. Meaning: Spanish for “cautious”
- Ansel. Meaning: Hebrew for “a protector”
- Armando. Meaning: French for “soldier”
- Armani. Meaning: Italian for “warrior”
Is Marcellus a biblical name?
Marcellus is baby boy name mainly popular in Christian religion and its main origin is Latin. Marcellus name meanings is Little marcus.
What name means gentle warrior?
19. Humphrey. The English name Humphrey means peaceful warrior.
What name means strong warrior?
Ethan. Meaning: Hebrew for “strong”
What is a female warrior name?
Girls’ Baby Names That Mean Warrior
- Aife (Irish), meaning “great warrior woman of myth”
- Alessia (Greek), meaning “defender” and “warrior”
- Alvara (German), meaning “army of elves” or “warrior elves”
- Andra (Greek), meaning “strong and courageous warrior”
- Clovis (Germanic), meaning “famous warrior”
What names mean fearless?
Names that mean fearless for girls and boys
- Mel – One who is always fearless and daring.
- Kelsie – Daring and fearless.
- Juliane – Young and fearless.
- Andriette – Strong, fearless and limitless.
- Shamara – A battle heroine.
- Casey – Strong in battle.
- Louisa – A renowned warrior.
- Maia/Mya – Brave warrior.
What name means beautiful warrior?
Ailith – A beautiful Old English option, this name means “warrior.” Alessia – This lovely Italian name means “defending warrior.” Aloisa – A German name for “renowned warrior,” this is a beautiful and classic choice. Alvara – Another pretty name from Italy, this means “magical elf warrior.”
What name means fighter for a girl?
Baby Girl Names That Mean Warrior
|Andrea||This lovely name means ‘strong’, an essential quality to be a warrior. It is a name of German, Italian and English origin.|
|Armani||A name of Italian origin; it means ‘warrior’, indicating the baby girl would be a great fighter all the way.|
What name means powerful for females?
Girl Names That Mean Strength
- Adira. Meaning: Hebrew for “noble and powerful”
- Ailia. Meaning: Scottish for “from the strong place”
- Almalda. Meaning: German for “strong.
- Alsie. Meaning: Greek for “strong-willed”
- Andrea. Meaning: Feminine form of Andrew, Greek for “strong”