Table of Contents
- 1 Which is the first epic poem in Hindi?
- 2 Who was the most famous poet of the period 902 975 AD?
- 3 What is Sanskrit epic?
- 4 What are the three epics?
- 5 What are the five epics?
- 6 Which is the oldest Hindu epic?
- 7 Which is the longest poem in the world?
- 8 Who is the best poet in the world?
- 9 Is Mahabharata a Mahakavya?
- 10 Which are the great epics of India?
- 11 What are the major epics of Sangam age?
- 12 What is the shortest poem ever written?
- 13 What is the longest poem in English?
- 14 Who is World No 1 poet?
- 15 Who is the richest poet?
- 16 Which is the first coin in India?
- 17 What are the three Sangams?
- 18 What is considered the greatest poem of all time?
Which is the first epic poem in Hindi?
Hindi epics The first epic to appear in Hindi was Tulsidas’ (1543–1623) Ramacharitamanas, also based on the Ramayana.
Who was the most famous poet of the period 902 975 AD?
The most famous poet from this period is Adikavi Pampa (902-975 CE), one of the most famous writers in the Kannada language.
What is Sanskrit epic?
The major Sanskrit epics, the Mahabharata and the Ramayana, provide a large body of data in a form of Sanskrit slightly later than Vedic Prose, and close to the ‘Classical’ Sanskrit language.
What are the three epics?
Indian epics-The 3 Most Important Epics of India You Should Know
- The Ramayana.
- The Mahabharata.
- The Bhagavad Gita.
What are the five epics?
The Five Great Epics (Tamil: ஐம்பெரும்காப்பியங்கள் Aimperumkāppiyaṅkaḷ) are five Tamil epics according to later Tamil literary tradition. They are Silappatikāram, Manimekalai, Cīvaka Cintāmaṇi, Valayapathi and Kuṇṭalakēci.
Which is the oldest Hindu epic?
Notes: The Ramayana and the Mahabharata, which were originally composed in Sanskrit and later translated into many other Indian languages, and The Five Great Epics of Tamil Literature and Sangam literature, are some of the oldest surviving epic poems ever written. Chronologically, Ramayana happened before Mahabharata.
Which is the longest poem in the world?
The scale of the “Mahabharata” is daunting. The ancient Indian epic stands as the longest poem ever written, about 10 times as long as “The Iliad” and “The Odyssey” combined.
Who is the best poet in the world?
- William Shakespeare (1564-1616)
- Homer. Many know Homerus by Homer, and he is responsible for the literary works Odyssey and Iliad.
- Edgar Allan Poe (1809-1849)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749-1832)
- William Blake (1757-1827)
- William Butler Yeats (1865-1939)
Is Mahabharata a Mahakavya?
Typical examples of mahākāvya are the Kumarasambhava and the Kiratarjuniya. It is considered the most prestigious form in the Sanskrit literature. The genre evolved from the earlier epics, the Mahabharata and the Ramayana.
Which are the great epics of India?
India has its two great and ancient Hindu epics – the Mahabharata and the Ramayana. They are big, rip-roaring tales of chariots, kidnappings, gods and demons, love and war.
What are the major epics of Sangam age?
The Sangam literature includes Tolkappiyam, Ettutogai, Pattuppattu, Pathinenkilkanakku, and two epics named – Silappathikaram and Manimegalai . Tolkappiyam was authored by Tolkappiyar and is considered the earliest of Tamil literary work.
What is the shortest poem ever written?
Lines on the Antiquity of Microbes
“Lines on the Antiquity of Microbes”, also known simply as “Fleas”, is a couplet commonly cited as the shortest poem ever written, composed by American poet Strickland Gillilan in the early 20th century.
What is the longest poem in English?
My Blah Story
The longest single-author poem in English is reputed to be My Blah Story by US writer Nigel Tomm, which stretches to 23,161 lines. The early English epic poem Beowulf comes to just over 3,000 lines, while Samuel Taylor Coleridge’s The Rime of the Ancient Mariner runs to 625 lines.
Who is World No 1 poet?
1 William Shakespeare William Shakespeare was an English poet, playwright, and actor, widely regarded as the greatest writer in the English language and the world’s pre-eminent dramatist. Well, DUH! Of course William Shakespeare would make this list, but he will always be destined to be number one on every list.
Who is the richest poet?
The American poet Frederick Seidel is perhaps unique among contemporary English-language poets in his willingness to discuss the trappings of wealth, from fine dining to his love of Ducati motorbikes.
Which is the first coin in India?
The first PMC coins in India may have been minted around the 6th century BCE by the Mahajanapadas of the Indo-Gangetic Plain, The coins of this period were punch-marked coins called Puranas, old Karshapanas or Pana.
What are the three Sangams?
History. According to Tamil legends, there were three Sangam periods, namely Head Sangam, Middle Sangam and Last Sangam period.
What is considered the greatest poem of all time?
10 Greatest Poems Ever Written
- “The Road Not Taken” by Robert Frost (1874-1963) Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, And sorry I could not travel both. And be one traveler, long I stood.
- “Daffodils” by William Wordsworth (1770-1850) I wandered lonely as a cloud. That floats on high o’er vales and hills,