Table of Contents
- 1 Why is the Trinity important in the Bible?
- 2 Is the Holy Trinity mentioned in the Old Testament?
- 3 What religions do not believe in the Trinity?
- 4 Where did the word Trinity come from?
- 5 What role does God the father play in the Trinity?
- 6 What church does not believe in the Trinity?
- 7 Where does the Bible say that Jesus is God?
- 8 When was the trinity first mentioned in the Bible?
Why is the Trinity important in the Bible?
A fundamental doctrine The doctrine of the Trinity is one of the most difficult ideas in Christianity, but it’s fundamental to Christians because it: states what Christians believe God is like and who he is. plays a central part in Christians’ worship of an “unobjectifiable and incomprehensible God”
Is the Holy Trinity mentioned in the Old Testament?
Old Testament Trinity In Genesis 18:1-15 three individuals appear to Abraham at the Oak of Mamre. The interpretation that this appearance is related to the Trinity is a Christian interpretation of the Hebrew scriptures.
What religions do not believe in the Trinity?
9 Faith Groups That Reject the Trinity
- 9 Non-trinitarian Faiths. Trinity Knot or Triquetra Symbol.
- Mormonism – Latter-day Saints. Founded By: Joseph Smith, Jr., 1830.
- Jehovah’s Witnesses. Founded By: Charles Taze Russell, 1879.
- Christian Science.
- Oneness Pentecostals.
- Unification Church.
Where did the word Trinity come from?
The English word “Trinity” comes from Latin “Trinitas”, meaning “the number three”. This abstract noun is formed from the adjective trinus (three each, threefold, triple), as the word unitas is the abstract noun formed from unus (one).
What role does God the father play in the Trinity?
God the Father is a title given to God in various religions, most prominently in Christianity. In mainstream trinitarian Christianity, God the Father is regarded as the first person of the Trinity, followed by the second person, God the Son (Jesus Christ), and the third person, God the Holy Spirit.
What church does not believe in the Trinity?
The Members Church of God International believes in the divinity of Christ but rejects the doctrine of Trinity.
Where does the Bible say that Jesus is God?
John 1:1, 3, 14, 17, 18 “In the beginning was the Word; the Word was in God’s presence and the Word was God…. Through him all things came into being, and apart from him nothing came to be….
When was the trinity first mentioned in the Bible?
The form is first found in the baptismal formula in Matthew 28:19; Did., 7. 1 and 3….[I]t is self-evident that Father, Son and Spirit are here linked in an indissoluble threefold relationship.